I’m following a challenge today by blogger Darren Rowse that will include a post different than what I usually write. But I hope you find it interesting and discover blog posts you have not read before.
Darren’s suggestion is to highlight 7 posts from different categories that he suggests of my blog and others. It’s a great exercise to reflect on what blog posts are most useful for my readers. I will give some explanation of each post as I go.
1. Your first post: Striving to be a Positive Stepparent. This post has some basic, but important, thoughts on stepparenting.
3. A post which had a great discussion: Stepmothers – How to Honor Mother’s Day? I recognize the difficulty surrounding Mother’s Day for stepmothers and this post was no surprise to the traffic and comments it received.
4. A post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written: The Healing Power of Art. I enjoy following the blog of Michael Hyatt, CEO of Nelson Publishing and this is a beautiful post.
5. Your most helpful post: Coping with Stepfamily Storms. We will all endure storms in our stepfamilies and I believe this post is helpful on addressing some healthy ways to cope with them.
6. A post with a title that you are proud of: Coparenting Collisions. I thought this title did a good job of describing what the post was about – a subject many of us can relate to!
7. A post that you wish more people had read: Stepparenting Inspiration. This is an incredible story of someone who overcame significant odds to make a difference in life. It is inspirational for all of us as we persevere on difficult paths.
Did you find posts you had not read before that were interesting or helpful?