In this picture is my daughter, Jodi and a good friend of hers, Beth (left to right). As high school students, they share a sweet friendship. I recently learned that Beth has a unique way of showing kindness to others. She participates in Random Acts of Kindness Day once a month. On that day, Beth brings Jodi (and other friends) a cupcake or some other kind of yummy food. She doesn’t tell Jodi in advance but shows up at the door with her surprise. What a great way to show kindness toward others.
Today we focus on the next Fruit given in Galatians 5:22, 23: Kindness. I thought it would be a good chance to think about ways we can show kindness to our family members. So, I’m including a list of kind deeds. Find one you can share with a family member today or leave me a comment with another act of kindness you practice.
1. Bake their favorite food.
2. Let them know you’re praying for them.
3. Help with their chores when their schedule is busy.
4. Offer encouraging words.
5. Volunteer in their activities.
6. Allow their friends over.
7. Listen to their “drama,” even if it’s after your bedtime.
8. Overlook their shortcomings.
9. Leave sweet notes for them to read.
10. Take them shopping.
And on and on. There are hundreds of ways to show others we care through kind actions.
Kindness is contagious. It can make a difference in our relationships. What act of kindness will you express today?